[Pulp-dev] Pulpcore team meeting notes

Tanya Tereshchenko ttereshc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 14:27:20 UTC 2021

# March 23, 2021

## Previous AIs
* [ipanova] to set up meeting about content management (removal, rejecting,
etc) [done]
* [bmbouter] to merge https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/4020/ and reply to
thread [done]

## Topics
* Do we need a pulp_file release for pulpcore 3.11?
    * we have 1.6.0 which allows 3.11
    * we need to release pulp_file before 3.12 is out (April 6 is the
current tentative release date).
* Files are not being deleted from storage when calling the method delete()
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7316
    * 3.12 or not?
        * not a blocker, it's not a new problem or regression
* Repository version retention PR https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1204
    * Any thoughts/objections to only cleaning up repo versions on
`__exit__`?
        * And NOT when the repo is updated
        * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8368#note-7
            * opinions split whether to trim versions on the repository
update or not
            * continue conversation on the PR and on the upcoming meeting
for content cleanup improvements
        * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1204#discussion_r599518868

## Action Items
* [bmbouter] to close https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1122 based on
the recent convo at pulp_ansible meeting
* [ttereshc] to review https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1194