[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Roadmap for Django Upgrades - 3.2 LTS?

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 19:07:58 UTC 2021

Great question. We haven't had a compelling reason to upgrade to django 3.2
so there are no current plans or roadmap that I'm aware of.

It looks like the EOL for 2.2 security fixes is April 2022 so we definitely
need to upgrade by then. Our two main stakeholders (Katello and Galaxy) are
both about to release soon so maybe after that (summer/fall) might be a
good opportunity to upgrade to 3.2.

I think it'd be worthwhile for us to see how much of an impact upgrading
3.2 will have on our codebase. To that end, I've filed this issue:

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8488

Will see if we can look at this soon.

David