[Pulp-dev] pulp_rpm and current backwards-compatibility problems
ggainey at redhat.com
Tue May 11 15:49:06 UTC 2021
We've been talking about how we need a pulpcore/3.7-to-3.11-compatible
release of pulp_rpm. The static_context change requires a schema-change,
and it has to be available to katello-3.18 (and hence pulpcore-3.7)
The static_context change is PR#1984
Right now, pulp-rpm/master has changes that require pulpcore/3.12 or later.
Those changes are:
d0c9badd Refactor distribution migration 0032
fbaadaca Add support for automatic publishing and distributing
In addition, pulp_rpm/master is *currently broken* because it still
references the deprecated enqueue_with_reservation(), that just got removed
As I understand it, what needs to happen #SOON, is the following:
1. revert the two commits above and merge,
2. get the static_context change updated (since a migration will have
Left the Building) and get it merged,
3. merge any other fixes that won't break 3.7-compat [OPTIONAL], and
4. cut 3.11 as compatible with 3.7-thru-3.10 pulpcore
Once pulp_rpm/3.11 is released, we can then:
1. re-apply the auto-pub/dist-schema changes,
2. fix enqueue-problem,
3. mark pulp_rpm/master as 3.12+ compat, and finally
4. release pulp_rpm/3.12 to be ready for pulpcore-3.13
And this all needs to happen by next week?
Is there anything I'm missing here?
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pulp-dev