[Pulp-dev] pulp_rpm and current backwards-compatibility problems

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Tue May 11 18:23:18 UTC 2021

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 1:36 PM Grant Gainey <ggainey at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm going to submit a PR to get pulp_rpm's CI unbroken, that has to happen
> before we do anything else. THEN I will respond to final review-comments on
> PR 1984. Once that passes, THEN we can talk about what happens next. (That
> PR, for example, is affected by the proposed reverts, because its migration
> is currently built on-top-of the one(s) being reverted and will need to be
> renamed. So we/I probably don't want to merge it, until post-revert, and an
> update to match the new State Of The World at that point.)
>
> Anyway, first things first...

Update: no, I'm not. Marking pulp_rpm as "requires pulpcore/3.12" fails to
build. Because core-3.12 depends on django~=2.2.20, which pulls in 2.2.21,
which is the Broken Django, and Everything Is Sad. (Mostly me, to be honest)

Right this second, we can't build against core-master, and we can't build
against anything other than -master because of the Django Problem. PR#1985
<https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/pull/1985> is waiting while I think about
how to make progress.

Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering