[Pulp-dev] Katello/Pulp Integration meeting

Grant Gainey ggainey at redhat.com
Wed May 12 16:12:59 UTC 2021

May 12, 2021

Overview

   -

   Katello Schedule
   -

      4.1 branching ~May 2021
      -

         pulpcore 3.10 (or newer)
         -

      4.2 branching ~August 2021
      -

      4.3 branching ~Nov 2021

Pulp

   -

   Pulpcore
   -

      Django 2.2.23 expected May 13th
      -

         https://github.com/django/django/pull/14372/files#diff-4e258c842491991e7d5af289ca7f850661292ab721c4ff3ee1c6db52434b21daR5
         -

         Required pulp change will be released into 3.7, 3.9, and 3.11
         -

      Also backporting this change https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8712
      -

      Pulpcore 3.13 expected tentatively May 18th.
      -

      Alternate Content Source to be delivered in Julyish
      -

      New Pulp tasking system
      -

         Off by default, eventually will become default
         -

         Available in 3.14
         -

         Does not use Redis, but we’re keeping Redis in the stack for now
         -

         Higher throughput, makes Pulp fully HA, no resource manager
         -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8495
         -

         Need to change how you run the workers and set a setting to opt-in
         -

   RPM
   -

      Working on a 3.7-thru-3.11 compatible release (pulp-rpm-3.11)
      -

         Includes modulemd static_context change
         -

            Might affect applicability in katello
            -

         Requires some orchestration/rework in git - in-progress
         -

         Very very few changes from 3.10
         -

      A few known issues with BZs
      -

         “Soon” ™ (as priorities allow)
         -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8722
         -

         https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8713
         -

   Migration
   -

      Investigating post-migration capsule (pulp3->pulp2) sync
      -

   Ansible
   -

      No updates
      -

   Pulp Container
   -

      2.5.3 incoming for katello-4.1 but depends on the Django fix
      -

      Assisting with BZ verification
      -

   Pulp CLI
   -

      New version of click (8.0) causes the CLI to break
      -

         https://github.com/clarkperkins/click-shell/pull/29
         -

         If ^ isn’t merged/released soon, we’ll pin and release
         -

   What about pulp_python?
   -

      Very possibly - stay tuned

Katello

   -

   Finished discussing alternate content sources, ostree, metadata
   mirroring this week for estimates
   -

   Katello 4.1 RC soon
   -

   Container Gateway “done”
   -

   Removing more Pulp 2 code, applicability related code is now gone

QE

   -

   Finishing up remaining BZs for migration
   -

   Looking into katello-4.1 features
   -

   Automation failures

--
Grant Gainey
Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat System Management Engineering