[Pulp-dev] pulpcore team meeting notes - May 25, 2021

Brian Bouterse bmbouter at redhat.com
Tue May 25 15:22:49 UTC 2021

## Topics
* Is this a bug or intentional?
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8798
        * [outcome] probably not intentional
        * we cache these results to avoid recalculating them constantly
* Non-blocking orphan cleanup https://pulp.plan.io/issues/7659
    * Plugin code needs to update timestamp
    * [proposal] add `timestamp_of_interest` via migration in 3.14, then in
3.15 have orphan_cleanup become non-blocking and use `timestamp_of_interest`
* Django upgrade to 3.2
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8488
    * django-guardian now resolved
        *
https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1352#pullrequestreview-667076933
    * PR resolves pulp's issues
        * https://github.com/pulp/pulpcore/pull/1116
    * [goal] attempt to switch to Django 3.2 soon, maybe with 3.14
* Challenges with Python 3.6
    * dependencies are dropping support
* Making top-level Authentication page in docs
    * https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8799
* Relate backport requests to the original issue
    *
https://docs.pulpproject.org/pulpcore/bugs-features.html#for-backport-requests
    * will we benefit from automation here?
* Danny's feedback

## Action Items
* [dkliban] to engage contributor @dannysauer and help with their PRs
* [bmbouter & dalley] add tasking env var to django 3.2 epic
* [david] email asking users about python 3.6 and django 3.2
* [dkliban] file issue to update CI to use python 3.7 and the single
container to use python 3.7
* [ipanova] reach out to Melanie w/r to Danny's feedback so we prepare it
in a format that can be shared/discussed with a wide group/community