[Pulp-list] How about we just merge these core features into Cobbler?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Fri Sep 12 20:48:26 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Michael DeHaan wrote:
>> What I am saying is I would leave it up to you and others to design
>> the UI,  as that is not my area of expertise.
>>
>> I would LOVE to have a better CobblerWeb, so if the features in Pulp
>> could be added to CobblerWeb and make it not suck as much as it
>> (CobblerWeb) does now, that's awesome.
>> I just want to make sure it works for installation too, so I can look
>> after existing use cases.
>>
>> The summary is -- Cobbler is a good codebase to start from, let's get
>> going and start Pulp there today, and forget the names "Cobbler" and
>> "Pulp" as I don't find them signficant, I care about the users.
>
> Amen!
>
> Sorry for the circles, thank goodness Seth was reading along and spoke
> up :)
>
> ~m

Ok, so round 1, there's a cobbler web topic up on cobbler-list --
basically about me wanting to rewrite the web app anyway.   Maybe let's
start talking about Cobbler list about what sucks about Cobbler Web.  I
will not argue, I agree I have zero idea what I am doing and just make
stuff up as I go :)

Meanwhile, I'll start thinking about some of these things we can't do
yet on the requirements list and how to implement them, leaving UI
aspects totally open, trying to implement things where I can.

Hopefully others can also chime in with other repo features we can't
presently do so we can talk about both (A) how those workflows work, (B)
what they look like, and (C) how we implement them.

--Michael