[Pulp-list] Fwd: Pulp CLI changes

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 18:19:56 UTC 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Pulp CLI changes
Date: 	Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:53:22 -0400
From: 	Pradeep Kilambi <pkilambi at redhat.com>
To: 	mushroom-devel at redhat.com

FYI,

As part of the pulp cli split effort, I refactored the pulp-tools in two
tools. Instead of '/usr/bin/pulp' you should now see,

/usr/bin/pulp-admin and /usr/bin/pulp-client.  I will update the cli
wiki to reflect the latest functionality. Here is the gist of what these
mean:

Pulp-client:
========
This is a consumer centric tool. So use this to,
  - register a consumer
  - list consumable repos
  - bind *this* consumer to a repo
  - list available errata
These directly use the consumer on disk. Currently this still expects a
user/password. But this will change once an x509 certs used in place of
a plain consumer id and we'll pass those as part of our proxy instead of
username and password.

Pulp-admin:
========
This is an admin centric tool. Meaning any actions that require admin
privileges will go in here. So all existing actions in pulp tool minus
the ones above will be in this tool.

Lemme know if you have any questions,

~ Prad