[Pulp-list] client (alt) config

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 13:43:20 UTC 2010

On 08/25/2010 07:38 PM, jdobies at redhat.com wrote:
> Awesome. If I pass --server to pulp-client will it update the override or just the default one?

Looks like the --server updates the default (/etc/pulp/client.conf).  Since the alt config
is merged into the config object in memory, the merged (def + alt overrides) will be
written to the default.

The override is really designed for developers so not sure why you'd use --server and
specify and alt config.  Seems like the --server is mainly intended for end users.  That
said, I guess it would make sense to write to the alt config instead when one is
specified.  That would continue to preserve the default config in you git checkout.