[Pulp-list] user model added

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Thu Jul 8 22:52:02 UTC 2010

On 07/08/2010 03:45 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
> Added only the model + base API.
>
> Also included certificate.py for parsing certs.  the API includes
> ability to do:
>
>       def test_user_with_certificate(self):
>           # read in the test cert and extract the UID for the subject
>           # so we can compare after the user is created that it matches
>           test_cert = os.path.abspath(os.path.dirname(__file__)) +
> "/data/test_cert.pem"
>           idcert = Certificate()
>           idcert.read(test_cert)
>           subject = idcert.subject()
>           cert_uid = subject['UID']
>
>           # Read the cert into a string off disk and create a
>           # user with said certificate.  We should get back a user with an
>           # id that matches the UID in the cert.
>           certfile = open(test_cert)
>           certstring = certfile.read()
>           user = self.uapi.create('cert-test', certificate=certstring)
>
>           # Check that they match
>           self.assertEquals(user['id'], cert_uid)
>
> I'm not even entirely sure this is what we want todo but it should get
> the ball rolling,
> Mike

after a bit of thought and discussion with Jeff, the above is totally
wrong wrt how and what I'm doing with the UID field.  The above is the
UID for the *Consumer* and not the admin user.

We need to parse the identity cert and associate the subject['UID']
field with our Consumer, not our User object.

So, essentially we should consider moving the above logic over to
Consumer's create() call to take in a cert string and possibly extract
the UID and store that as the ID for the consumer.

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com