[Pulp-list] Repo Sync Scheduling

Jason L Connor jconnor at redhat.com
Wed Jun 16 16:45:05 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 12:26 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 10:22 -0600, Jason L Connor wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 10:44 -0400, Jason Dobies wrote:
> > > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Another idea is to skip using cron altogether and perhaps adapt kronos
> > to our needs.
> > http://www.razorvine.net/download/kronos.py
> >

> That looks like it would require pulp to be a daemon running all the
> time?
>
> So you'd be reimplementing cron inside pulp.
>
> As a sysadmin I'd not like that.
>
> -sv

There is a portion of pulp, called 'juicer' that potentially runs all
the time as part of apache.

I do like the notion of reusing cron. However, if there are technical
obstacles, we should consider alternatives. Kronos is part of the turbo
gears framework and should be reasonably well fleshed out.

As an admin, I don't think I'd care too much how it was implemented,
just that it worked. Though, I would like to get more feedback on that.

--
Jason L Connor
Senior Software Engineer