[Pulp-list] Handling Uploads to repos with feed

Jason L Connor jconnor at redhat.com
Mon Oct 11 21:33:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 16:18 -0400, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> Why? This is gonna break the whole premise of exposing the repos on
> pulp
> similar to its source. Today if a repo has a feed from
> /content/fedora/13/ we serve it that way to clients from pulp. How do
> we
> expect to serve the same when we have multiple feeds? I dont see the
> point of having multiple feeds for a given repo when I can have three
> repos exposed the same way from pulp.

What I like about the multiple feed scenario is that it's a super set of
the single feed scenario. Just because we allow multiple feeds, doesn't
mean an admin has to define multiple feeds per repo.

I just think allow multiple feeds buys us greater flexibility.

> >   * allow package upload to all repositories
> >

> Again, I dont see any benefit of doing this. Do we have a proper use
> case to do this or are we just doing this because we can.

I'm thinking of the super set case here, where an admin wants to expose
a third-party repo, which additional (possibly home-spun) packages.

> >   * allow admin to pull content from one or more of the defined
> feeds
> >

> Not sure what this means.

This is only applicable if there are multiple feeds defined. I'm
thinking we wouldn't require a sync to pull content from every feed, but
allow the admin to pick and choose which feeds to update from.

--
Jason L Connor
Software Engineer