[Pulp-list] Repository cloning design

Todd B. Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 13:25:45 UTC 2010

  On 10/12/2010 03:56 AM, Sayli Karmarkar wrote:
> I have added design approach for supporting repository cloning at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryCloning
>
> Feel free to add your thoughts / suggestions to wiki or in this email
> thread.
>
> Thanks,

Thanks Sayli.

* I'm not sure I see the benefit in modeling a parent_repo or a
cloned_repo.  Why treat this any different that a repo with a feed?  Not
even sure that we need to persist the parent_id.  What specific use
cases lead you to believe that model changes are required?

*Yes, errata is a requirement.  In the end, these are repos, and should
have the same functionality.

-Todd