[Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

John Matthews jmatthew at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 19:19:17 UTC 2010

Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing
"Repository Publishing".
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryPublishing

The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a
repository through Apache.  If a repo is 'published', then it is
available through Apache.  If it is not published it won't be available
through Apache.

I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for actually
implementing the logic for enable/disable.  We came up with two thoughts:
  1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag
from mongo for each request
  2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content

Thanks,
John