[Pulp-list] Enable/Disable Repository Publishing

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 19:27:21 UTC 2010

On 10/18/2010 03:19 PM, John Matthews wrote:
> Please take a look at the below Wiki for thoughts on implementing
> "Repository Publishing".
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/RepositoryPublishing
>
> The intent of this feature is to enable/disable publishing of a
> repository through Apache.  If a repo is 'published', then it is
> available through Apache.  If it is not published it won't be
> available through Apache.
>
> I'd like some input for what the team thinks would be good for
> actually implementing the logic for enable/disable.  We came up with
> two thoughts:
>  1) Add logic to the PythonAuthenHandler to lookup the publish flag
> from mongo for each request
>  2) Manipulate symbolic links under the directory serving content
>
> Thanks,
> John

Only disadvantage I see of doing it at AuthenHandler level is we end up
doing that check for every single call from client no matter whether its
a repo or package request. Not sure how expensive hitting mongo on every
single request is. Doing it at file system symlink level might probably
be less expensive that way.

~ Prad