[Pulp-list] --help standards for client tools

Todd B. Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Mon Sep 27 00:20:45 UTC 2010

  I'd like to establish some standards for the way we document --help
for our client tools.  I am proposing the following simple rules:

1. all lower case, always.
2. semi-colons to separate multiple thoughts.
3. no periods.
4. no abbreviations.

For example, this will change our current --help from:

  --relativepath=RELATIVEPATH	Relative path where the repo is stored and exposed to

                                 clients.  This defaults to feed path if not specified.

--relativepath=RELATIVEPATH	relative path where the repository is stored and exposed to

                                 clients; this defaults to feed path if not specified

Please yell if you object to any of this.  I'll be modifying the current
implementation to conform to these new rules.

-Todd