[Pulp-list] Issue in pulp-migrate

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 13:04:57 UTC 2011

On 4/8/11 8:27 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:

> lzap was upgrading Pulp from master and hit an issue on pulp-migrate.
> Can whoever added checksum_type take a look to make sure the migrate and
> validation scripts work when migrating a DB with existing data?
>

> migration to data model version 1 starting
> migration to data model version 1 complete
> migration to data model version 1 starting
> migration to data model version 1 complete
> migration to data model version 1 starting
> migration to data model version 1 complete
> migration to data model version 2 started
> migration to data model version 2 complete
> migration to data model version 3 started
> migration to data model version 3 complete
> migration to data model version 4 started
> migration to data model version 4 complete
> migration to data model version 5 started
> migration to data model version 5 complete
> migration to data model version 7 started
> migration to data model version 7 complete
> migration to data model version 8 started
> migration to data model version 8 complete
> model validation failure in Repo for model 41111ZZ-1234999: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model 41122ZZ-1234888: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo-4: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo-5: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo-7: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo-8: field
> checksum_type is not present
> model validation failure in Repo for model fedora-repo-9: field
> checksum_type is not present

I see checksum_type as part of migrate, I dont think thats the issue. My
guess is this is a consequence of we defining changes under two.py until
our meeting where we discussed and decided to bump the version for each
change. He probably had repos synced with revision two of migrate and
checksum_type was probably added after he synced his repos. For this
case probably he needs to run with --force to get back the missing changes.

~ Prad