[Pulp-list] Repo sync check to prevent disturbing an on-going sync

John Matthews jmatthew at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 22:47:55 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "John Matthews" <jmatthew at redhat.com>
Sent: Friday, April 8, 2011 6:42:02 PM

We added a check in repo.py:_sync() which will limit 1 sync at a time per repository.  The check is done using a boolean flag stored on the repo model object.
It's still possible to sync multiple different repositories at the same time, the limit we've added is to prevent multiple sync operations on the same exact repository.

This will prevent possible issues with recurring repo syncs colliding with on-demand syncs.

Note: To prevent potential issues of pulp being shutdown uncleanly and a repo being locked in a bad state a 'clean' operation is performed on pulp startup.

Commit is here:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=pulp.git;a=commitdiff;h=33ef2654804e6f9a0b2bbd575e493f9a9e206f1a

If you see any issues please let me know.