[Pulp-list] QPID Issue Summary

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 15:50:48 UTC 2011

Todd,

Here's where we are with outstanding QPID related bugs:

692876 - package install hangs because gofer agent became unresponsive

The comments in this bug suggest (2) different issues and were split out into (2) separate
bugs.  This bug remains to call attention to David's objection to the perception to the
user when, for whatever reason, the agent does not respond.  This isn't a defect but we
need to put some more thought in to the flow to mitigated this perception beyond what we
did with the heartbeat.

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint.

692891 - gofer becomes unresponsive w/ Enqueue capacity threshold exceeded error

This bug pertains to a specific exception that caused us to stop using the
qpid-cpp-server-store.  It's my understanding that only David has seen this since we moved
away from using the server-store on an F13 box.   He's been running some automated testing
in an attempt to reproduce it without success.  So, thread to RHUI?  I /think/ low but the
nature of this bug is such that I really cant say for sure.  There is always the
possibility that the pulp qpid consumer stopped consuming heartbeats when David saw this
and it was legitimate error.  Not sure until we can reproduce and snoop around.

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

695761 - QPID (python) driver goes crazy when VPN dropped between client and broker

This issue was originally reported by bkearney but I have been able to reproduce.  I don't
think this presents risk to RHUI because the only way I've found to reproduce involves a
VPN.  I've sent this information to the python-qpid maintainer Rafael Schloming on several
occasions (last email on 2/8 with no response).

Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

Thanks,

jeff