[Pulp-list] QPID Issue Summary

Todd B Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 16:23:49 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 11:50 AM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
> Todd,
>
> Here's where we are with outstanding QPID related bugs:
>
> 692876 - package install hangs because gofer agent became unresponsive
>
> The comments in this bug suggest (2) different issues and were split
> out into (2) separate bugs.

What are the two bugs?  I assume one in the yum file descriptor leaking,
which we fixed on our end?

> This bug remains to call attention to David's objection to the
> perception to the user when, for whatever reason, the agent does not
> respond.  This isn't a defect but we need to put some more thought in
> to the flow to mitigated this perception beyond what we did with the
> heartbeat.

The heartbeat was introduced to address this, correct?  Do you have any
thoughts on how we expand that to be a fail-safe in all situations?

> Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint.
>

> 692891 - gofer becomes unresponsive w/ Enqueue capacity threshold
> exceeded error
>
> This bug pertains to a specific exception that caused us to stop using
> the qpid-cpp-server-store.  It's my understanding that only David has
> seen this since we moved away from using the server-store on an F13
> box.   He's been running some automated testing in an attempt to
> reproduce it without success.  So, thread to RHUI?  I /think/ low but
> the nature of this bug is such that I really cant say for sure.  There
> is always the possibility that the pulp qpid consumer stopped
> consuming heartbeats when David saw this and it was legitimate error.
> Not sure until we can reproduce and snoop around.
>
> Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

Ok.

> 695761 - QPID (python) driver goes crazy when VPN dropped between
> client and broker
>
> This issue was originally reported by bkearney but I have been able to
> reproduce.  I don't think this presents risk to RHUI because the only
> way I've found to reproduce involves a VPN.  I've sent this
> information to the python-qpid maintainer Rafael Schloming on several
> occasions (last email on 2/8 with no response).
>
> Recommend: We push the bug to next sprint and continue debugging.

Possible that we could submit a patch to python-qpid to address the issue?

-Todd