[Pulp-list] Performance Testing

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 05:57:57 UTC 2011

Dne 14.4.2011 23:30, Pradeep Kilambi napsal(a):
> On 4/14/11 5:16 PM, Cliff Perry wrote:
>> On 04/14/2011 03:05 PM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
>>> As part of the performance testing story, spent some time and added more
>>> info to our existing Performance Testing document. I did a further break
>>> down on areas we might want to look into per component. I also added few
>>> tools that i have used before or ran into that could be useful. This is
>>> just a start and looking for some discussion to go around it.
>>>
>>> Please feel to add or update any further areas you can think of and feel
>>> free to share any tools you have come across.
>>>
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/PerformanceTesting
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> ~ Prad

>> Wiki looks quite comprehensive.
>>
>> Maybe consider this option for createrepo - see if it helps or not:
>>

>> -c --cachedir <path>
>> Specify a directory to use as a cachedir. This allows createrepo to
>> create a cache of check-
>> sums of packages in the repository. In consecutive runs of createrepo
>> over the same reposi-
>> tory of files that do not have a complete change out of all packages
>> this decreases the pro-
>> cessing time dramatically.
>>

>> For bug 527288 Mirek Suchy used some sort of python code analyser,
>> which was able to find performance issues - this allowed him to clean
>> up code and improve performance. I do not know what program it was
>> though - if you want to ask him.
>>
>> Cliff
>
> Hi Mirek:
>
> Could you point us to the tool as per cliff's comments.
>
> Thanks,
> ~ Prad

I wrote about it on satellite-dept during 2009...

 From my email:
When you want to profile python, just do:
  import profile
and replace
  sys.exit(abs(main() or 0))
with
  sys.exit(abs(profile.run('main()', '/tmp/profile.data') or 0))
or similar for any function you want to profile.

Then:
yum install tkinter
download http://svn.rhndev.redhat.com/viewcvs/trunk/eng/scripts/pprofui.py
and display the data using: