[Pulp-list] GC Repo APIs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 23:56:15 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 05:58 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCRepoApis
>
> That's the first pass at what the repo-related APIs will look like in
> the generic content world (there may be some missing areas, but that's
> the bulk of the base functionality). Let me know if you have any
> thoughts or questions. If anyone wants I can take some time on
> Thursday's deep dive and walk through them.

Those look quite usable for the GSv3 use case, although I suspect I will
eventually need get_*_config utility APIs to match the update_*_config ones.

I was initially concerned about the 'one importer' limitation (since
GSv3 will likely have two alternative distribution channels for content,
potentially within the same repo, depending on whether or not we're
willing to release the information to Akamai for transfer). However, I
realised it makes more sense to deal with the management of multiple
distribution channels within the importer itself on a case-by-case basis
rather than trying to define a general purpose mechanism for cooperation
between arbitrary importers.

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane