[Pulp-list] Minimum permissions to register a consumer

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 16:18:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

Trying to lock down the minimum permissions to register a consumer
given that pulp-consumer -u <username> -p <password> register --id
`uname -n` would be needed in the kickstart and that would be plainly
visible....

It appears that /consumers/ CREATE is sufficient... but I'm not sure
exactly how the user for the system gets created with that little
permissions for the registration user....

Is that purely backend? Is there anything I'm missing or not seeing by
allowing /consumers/ CREATE to a kickstart registration user?

Thanks,

James