[Pulp-list] Unit Association Query Stress Test Report

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 16:18:26 UTC 2011

https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCUnitAssociationsStressTests

I've been saying all week that looking up units in a repo and being able
to sort/filter/limit/skip them is pretty critical to a ton of different
areas of v2. The page above contains my notes from the process of stress
testing it.

The biggest issue so far has been sorting. Depending on what you're
sorting, it's either done at the association level or the individual
unit metadata level. The ability to sort is contingent on the size of
the documents and indexes.

That page breaks down the ways to trigger different code executions
depending on what the user is asking. It's also got a big report
generated from my stress test setup that describes the conditions under
which each sort category start to break down. This will be pretty
important when telling people how to best write type definitions to
answer the expected needs for that type.

It's been a pretty neat Mongo learning experience. Ping me with any
questions. I'm still working on it, but I'm starting to feel reasonably
confident that we'll be able to fulfil common user views on this data.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp