[Pulp-list] Devsetup certificates

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 13:35:41 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am a little bit confused about certificates in my developer setup
which I did according to the wiki pages.

If I search for SSL related configuration in my httpd I see this:

# grep -R crt /etc/httpd
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
/etc/httpd/conf.d/pulp.conf:AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
/etc/httpd/conf.d/pulp.conf:SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/pulp/ca.crt
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:SSLCertificateFile
/etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:#SSLCertificateChainFile
/etc/pki/tls/certs/server-chain.crt
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:#SSLCACertificateFile
/etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

The server cert is configured twice. I can see my httpd uses the one
configured in ssl.conf (/etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt):

# openssl s_client -connect myhost:443

What is the /etc/pki/pulp/ca.crt for?

Thanks

--