[Pulp-list] Simple ping service

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 14:19:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have created a very simple ping service that just respond with current
timestamp. I use it for my "alive" script. I prefer such a simple
service because other services could likely pull some data from
database. The ping service should be fast. It also does not require any
authentication.

It could return the pulp version rather than current time but I did not
find a way to retrieve version. I guess its not stored in the codebase yet.

What you think?

--
Later,
   Lukas "lzap" Zapletal