[Pulp-list] Pulp development on Fedora 15

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 06:24:31 UTC 2011

On 06/09/2011 11:41 PM, James Slagle wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 09:10:23AM -0400, Jay Dobies wrote:
>> You didn't mention if SELinux was enabled or not. We don't currently
>> work correctly with SELinux. That said, it shouldn't have stopped apache
>> from starting up.
>>

> For the dev setup, I think it may now, httpd wouldn't start for me at all with
> selinux set to enforcing.
>
> After "sudo echo 0>  /selinux/enforce", it starts successfully.

Thanks to [1] I eventually tracked the "Apache doesn't even start"
problem down to "httpd_enable_homedirs" being off by default.

Changing some of the SE contexts in the dev directory got things a
little further along:

chcon -Rv --type httpd_config_t etc/httpd
chcon -Rv --type cert_t etc/pki/pulp

However, at that point, localhost/pulp/api would still error out
(replying with 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable) so I resorted to the
recommended "sudo setenforce 0" sledgehammer to get things actually
running :)

[1] http://beginlinux.com/server_training/web-server/976-apache-and-selinux

Cheers,
Nick.