[Pulp-list] pulp-migrate fails on upgrade to .189

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 20:26:46 UTC 2011

On 06/10/2011 04:08 PM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> On 6/10/11 4:04 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> Still looking for a workaround. Anyone else seeing this?
>

> migration to data model version 17 started
> migration to data model version 17 complete
> migration to data model version 18 started
> global name 'cert' is not defined
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pulp/server/db/migrate/script.py",
> line 84, in datamodel_migration
>      mod.migrate()
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pulp/server/db/migrate/versions/eighteen.py",
>
> line 26, in migrate
>      _migrate_repos()
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pulp/server/db/migrate/versions/eighteen.py",
>
> line 59, in _migrate_repos
>      if key and cert:
> NameError: global name 'cert' is not defined
>
> migration to data model version 18 failed
>

>> I think having just a ca without key and cert is still valid? may be you
>> have a repo with just ca?
>
>> I think you'll also need this perhaps,
>
>> if CERT not in repo:
>>     continue

The issue that I saw was that the variable was named incorrectly in the
script (defined as "crt" and later attempted to be accessed as "cert"),
so I'm not sure it's a data thing so much as it's a busted python code
thing. That means if there were any repos, regardless of if they used
certs, the script would fail.

That said, I'm not too worried about actually migrating the cert data
since the certs themselves will still need to be updated to the joint
format. The discussion on this earlier seemed to be of the mentality
that we're not going to migrate the files, in which case they'll need to
redo the repos anyway.