[Pulp-list] Bulk Repo Creation - Thoughts/Comments?

Todd B Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 12:37:45 UTC 2011

On 03/29/2011 10:40 AM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 10:28 AM, Todd B Sanders wrote:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ProductRepos
>
> Would it make sense to keep repo create as it is and add another feed
> type, so instead of
>
>  $ pulp-admin repo bulk-create
> --feed=yum:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp --groupid=pulp
>
> we would do,
>
> $ pulp-admin repo create
> --feed=bulk:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp --groupid=pulp
>

> This was there is always a single create command to run instead of
> another bulk-create command.
>
> ~ Prad

This brings up another issue.  We are going to need to support file sync
very very soon.  Also, we need to consider the fact that Pulp
repositories can hold multiple content types (i.e. rpms and files).  As
you an I discussed briefly, we might want to move to something like:

$ pulp-admin repo create --id=pulp-f13-i386 --name=pulp-f13-i386
--feed=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-13/i386/
--type=yum,file

With this, how would you suggest we handle the "bulk-create"?

-Todd