[Pulp-list] Bulk Repo Creation - Thoughts/Comments?

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 13:41:48 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 08:37 AM, Todd B Sanders wrote:
> On 03/29/2011 10:40 AM, Pradeep Kilambi wrote:
>> On 03/29/2011 10:28 AM, Todd B Sanders wrote:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/ProductRepos
>>
>> Would it make sense to keep repo create as it is and add another feed
>> type, so instead of
>>
>>  $ pulp-admin repo bulk-create
>> --feed=yum:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp --groupid=pulp
>>
>> we would do,
>>
>> $ pulp-admin repo create
>> --feed=bulk:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp --groupid=pulp
>>

>> This was there is always a single create command to run instead of
>> another bulk-create command.
>>
>> ~ Prad

> This brings up another issue.  We are going to need to support file
> sync very very soon.  Also, we need to consider the fact that Pulp
> repositories can hold multiple content types (i.e. rpms and files).
> As you an I discussed briefly, we might want to move to something like:
>
> $ pulp-admin repo create --id=pulp-f13-i386 --name=pulp-f13-i386
> --feed=http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-13/i386/
> --type=yum,file
>
> With this, how would you suggest we handle the "bulk-create"?
>
> -Todd

1. we can isolate feed type from content; To me feed type doesnt
necessarily mean content type. I could have a yum or local feed which
pulls down rpms, distributions and Isos. So we could do something like

* pulp-admin repo create --id=pulp-f13-i386
--feed=bulk/yum/local/clone:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-13/i386/
--content=rpm,deb,file

which mean repo pulp-f13-i386 supports rpms,debs and files and nothing else.

2. Or we can go the route where we pull everything unless restricted

* pulp-admin repo create --id=pulp-f13-i386
--feed=bulk/yum/local/clone:http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/fedora-13/i386/
--ignore=deb

this would pull everything in the url structure unless we specifically
skip a type.

Let us know If anyone has any other thoughts

~ Prad