[Pulp-list] Fwd: CDS: gofer authentication

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Fri Mar 18 19:49:42 UTC 2011

On 03/18/2011 02:28 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:

>>> Well, not sure how to unit test this anyway.  The plugin needs to run
>>> with gofer so it's not really a unit test.  Seems like it needs to be
>>> tested in system tests?  Does it make sense to require the CDS plugin be
>>> configured in gofer and require qpidd/goferd running for unit tests to
>>> pass? Let's discuss.
>
> Can we call into the gofer_cds_plugin.py module without going through
> gofer? It might be a bit tricky with how the config is loaded, but
> otherwise the code isn't too tightly coupled with gofer at all.

Some of the "plugin-ness" will be a problem.  Ex:

 >>> plugin = Plugin.find(__name__)
 >>> config = plugin.cfg()

The find() will return None if the module is not instantiated with the gofer plugin context.

Also:

 >>> log.addHandler(logging.FileHandler('/var/log/pulp-cds/gofer.log'))

Has permissions issues not running as root.

If it makes possible (and makes sense) to call methods on CdsGoferReceiver within the unit
test environment, I'd suggest splitting the CdsGoferReceiver into it's own module and
importing it in to the gofer_cds_plugin plugin.py.  Then, run some unit test on that.

At very
> least, the Secret read/write/delete can be tested without needing a
> running gofer.

Agreed.