[Pulp-list] Bulk Repo Creation - Thoughts/Comments?

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 21:49:15 UTC 2011

On 03/30/2011 01:22 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:

>>> http(s)://

>>> yea if we can drop rhn; that should make things easy to determine.
>>>
>>> ~ Prad
>>
>> +1
>> Yes please. I've always found the syntax of (yum|rhn|local):<uri>
>> confusing.
>
> Same. I haven't had time to really think about this thread, but I agree
> that that part has always thrown me off. I still forget it from time to
> time.

what happens when the remote repo is a deb repo?  Or the remote repo is
just an http collection of files? or if the remote repo is a maven repo?
etc... http or https doesn't necessarily always mean the remote location
is a yum based repo.

hence, the requirement for a type.  I'd hesitate to drop type all
together if we want to make pulp support multiple types of repositories
in the future but we could *default* to yum for http/https based repos
but allow for overrides if a type is specified.

Mike