[Pulp-list] New date and time formats

Jason L Connor jconnor at redhat.com
Tue May 10 15:09:31 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I pushed some changes last night that change the way that pulp handles
date and time information through the web interface. Pulp now uses the
iso8601 format for all of its date and time information.

This change includes a new dependency: python-isodate, which can be
found in the rpm directory. Please use this version and not the version
in the python package index (read: cheeseshop) because the upstream
version has a bug.

These changes do require a db migrate (fix in 75deb8a, for those of you
who have already tried this morning). But other than that, you should
not notice this change when using the command line to interact with
pulp.

For those of you that do notice, we are using the extended date form,
which is the closest thing to what we were using before, when we were
using the "iso" format. It looks like:
P[YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]T[hh]:[mm]:[ss]:[ZZ].
Also schedules (e.g. repo sync schedules) are in the "repeating
interval" format of: <recurrences>/<start time>/<duration>

Let me know if you have any problems. Given the amount of retro-fitting
in the code to make this work, I'm currently braced for the worst...