[Pulp-list] pulp, repodata, and python-hashlib

Phil Gardner phil.gardnerjr at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:39:04 UTC 2011

I'm in the process of redoing our local repos. Ideally what I want to do
is use pulp for all of our package needs, including the base repo for
kickstarts. I am in sort of a limbo state because we are not ready to
install the consumer portion of pulp on all of our production boxes at
the moment. What I have done so far is just create a separate
VirtualHost inside of apache for non-ssl stuff that goes around pulp's
python stuff. This works fine for rhel6, however it seems that
pulp/python is using some more recent checksum stuff that makes the
repodata incompatible with stock rhel5 type distros. Installing the
'python-hashlib' from EPEL fixes this and allows yum to do the checksum
of pulp's repodata, but I also want to use pulp to manage EPEL for me,
so I'm kind of stuck. I also can't kickstart 5 using the pulp repos.

Is there a way to make pulp use md5 or sha1 or whatever works with a
stock rhel5 install? Or would this break other things?