[Pulp-list] Quick Q on grinder.yml config

Todd Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 12:21:41 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 12:05 PM, Cliff Perry wrote:
> I am looking to expose within katello installer the setting of these two
> items within pulp/grinder ... are these the correct items?
>
> /etc/grinder/grinder.yml :
>   - Location on disk for content?
> basepath: /mnt/packages
>
>   - Number of processes/threads for pulp sync?
> parallel: 20
>
> Thanks,
> Cliff

Cliff:

We shouldn't have to change the underlying pulp config, only the
katello.yml.  The changes that we need in order to improve sync
performance are as follows:

   sync_threads: 4
#    sync_KBlimit: 100

The "sync_threads" should already be set to 4, however, we do need to
comment out the "sync_KBlimit" or remove and document.  It is important
that this change be made for the next sprint release that we deliver to
Vijay's team.

-Todd