[Pulp-list] Agent: Package.install() API

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 14:43:17 UTC 2011

> Currently, we just grab it out of the task 'result' which has concerned
> me lately. The more I work with katello and other external (non pulp
> CLI) users of our REST API, the more I notice these kinds of things. For
> the package (and package group) install flows which include errata, we
> pass data back to the REST API call through the task which exposes our
> internal tasking and manager layer to the REST caller. This has
> concerned me for the past few days. I'm in the process of raising this
> for discussion separately.

The reason I ask is because next week I was planning on putting together
ideas for v2 repo history that will store much more reportable data on
syncs, publishes, etc. I'm with you; I think we need to move more into
that direction than using something as low level as tasking.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126