[Pulp-list] Moving a Pulp instance to another server?

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 13:43:32 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 02:31 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to migrate a Pulp instance to a different physical machine. Is
> there an existing list anywhere of what files need to be migrated to
> bring the new instance up with the same data stored?
>
> The configurations files in /etc/pulp obviously need to be saved and
> restored, but I'm not sure what needs to be copied to preserve:
> - the MongoDB data store
> - the actual repo contents
>
> Cheers,
> Nick.

I've personally never done it and I'm not sure that list exists.

Tepo contents (and all the stuff you'll need for plugins and the like)
are all under /var/lib/pulp. That part is easy.

Mongo I _think_ is as simple as /var/lib/mongodb. You'll see in there
pulp_database.{0,1,ns} which I'd guess is the entire database contents,
but I don't know that for a fact.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp