[Pulp-list] Branch Cleanup

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 18:24:00 UTC 2011

> origin/api-declassification
> origin/client-refactor
> origin/exporter
> origin/my-tasking
> origin/persistence
> origin/repo_delete
> origin/server-debugger
> origin/sprint22
> origin/test-refactor

Ok, so partially ignore that. I was looking at an old list as returned
by "git branch -r".

Lesson learned: you need to manually clean up your local knowledge of
remote branches using "git remote prune origin":

 > git remote prune origin
Pruning origin
  * [pruned] origin/api-declassification
  * [pruned] origin/exporter
  * [pruned] origin/my-tasking
  * [pruned] origin/persistence
  * [pruned] origin/repo_delete
  * [pruned] origin/server-debugger

After that, all of the above branches that previously appeared no longer
appear when I do "git branch -r".

A cookie to anyone who can tell me a way of not having to run that prune
and having git always return me the most current list of branches.

--
Jay Dobies
RHCE# 805008743336126