[Pulp-list] Importer Sync APIs

Jason L Connor jconnor at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 17:23:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 10:18 -0500, Jay Dobies wrote:
> I'm unsure of how people would best want the return type. I can see
> an
> argument for wanting to organize by unit keys too.
>
> So to that end, I'm returning a custom object (currently named
> UnitBag,
> but I may find something better) that offers a bunch of
> transformations
> (queries is probably a better term) on the set of units. So "give me
> them by unit key" or "give me just the unit keys" or "give me them
> mapped by ID". Stuff like that.

I guess I don't really see the point of this. I'd like to just see an
api that returns a list of ContentUnitData instances.

If you decide that plugin writer want more granulatiry on their queries,
the queries you're proposing could simply be methods on the conduit
instead on some new UnitBag object.

--
Jason L Connor
linear on freenode #pulp