[Pulp-list] "yum update" equivalent

David Robinson zxvdr.au at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:04:40 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to apply all updates to a pulp client from the
pulp server? Basically I'm trying to find out whether pulp has the
equivalent of logging into a group of servers and running "yum update
-y". I'd find it incredibly useful to be able to update a group of
servers in one step. AFAICT, using the CLI its only possible to
install a single package to a group of servers?

Assuming I'm correct and there's no command line option to do this,
what's the best way to solve the problem? Use the API to obtain the
list of installed packages then install them (which would cause an
upgrade)?

--
Dave