[Pulp-list] Configuring pulp-server data storage

Phil Gardner phil.gardnerjr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:23:37 UTC 2011

Is it possible to change the location where the pulp-server stores its
packages and repo stuff? I can see where you control where the CDS
stores the packages, the 'packages_dir' option in /etc/pulp/cds.conf.
I'm not seeing any option like that in /etc/pulp/pulp.conf.

It is possible that I have this model mixed up, and the pulp-server just
takes in the updates and pushes them out to the different CDS servers.
If this is the case, I have run into a small problem where it appears
that I am unable to install pulp-server and pulp-cds on the same box.
This happened with the most recent update.

Reading version lock configuration
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package pulp-cds.noarch 0:0.0.230-3 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: pulp conflicts pulp-cds
--> Processing Conflict: pulp-cds conflicts pulp
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
pulp-cds-0.0.230-3.noarch from rhel-pulp has depsolving problems
  --> pulp-cds conflicts with pulp
pulp-0.0.230-3.noarch from installed has depsolving problems
  --> pulp conflicts with pulp-cds
Error: pulp conflicts with pulp-cds
Error: pulp-cds conflicts with pulp
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

Thoughts?