[Pulp-list] MongoDB Users

John Matthews jmatthew at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 18:44:09 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> I don't think Pulp currently supports the ability to connect to a
> mongo
> database with user credentials.
>
> Do we need to support this for Katello? I imagine that anyone looking
> deploy Pulp in a production environment wouldn't feel comfortable
> leaving the mongo database without authentication.
>
> We'd need to support it for both the server and pulp-migrate, but I'm
> pretty sure that stuff is written in a way such that if we change it
> in
> one place, it applies to both. We'd also need to document that
> "pulp-server init" would need the following done before it's run"
> * mongo running ahead of time
> * configured with a database called "pulp_database"
> * the database is configured with user credentials
> * /etc/pulp/pulp.conf has to be edited to include the database
> credentials
>
> Todd, I'll leave it to you to add to the backlog appropriately based
> on
> if it becomes a Katello requirement.

Agree this is something we should test.
I think a basic level of support may be working,
if the username:password are including in a URI as described here: http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Connections

The configuration change to pulp would be to update 'seeds' under [database].
That string is passed into the pymongo connection, so username/password settings should be obeyed.