[Pulp-list] Disable AMQP messages in pulp 0.0.267?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 07:04:20 UTC 2012

Hi,

I don't want to hook my Pulp installation (0.0.267) up to a message bus
(yet), but I can't find anything in the docs about how to switch the
AMQP features off completely. This means I currently have two problems:

"service pulp-server start" fails (because it's trying to start a qpid
daemon locally, which doesn't work, and which I won't want it to do even
after the message bus *is* configured properly)
Several error messages are written to the Pulp log every couple of
minutes complaining that it can't find the AMQP service

This is with send_enabled and recv_enabled set to false in the [events]
section of pulp.conf. Aside from replacing "localhost" with the server's
FQDN, the [messaging] section is also left at its default settings.

Did I missing something in the docs? Is there a way to disable AMQP
completely such that both of these problems will go away until I get
around to configuring the message bus properly?

Regards,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane