[Pulp-list] New to pulp and I receive SASL errors trying to set up consumers

Lundberg, Bruce blundberg at perimeterusa.com
Thu Aug 2 21:08:48 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm new to pulp and trying to enhance a current working pulp server. The
server has several working repositories, but it does not have any
consumers created. That is what I'm trying to do.

I created one consumer (stpatch01) and was able to bind it to a
repository. However when I tried to register a second consumer from the
client using the 'pulp-consumer consumer register' command. There was an
error on the consumer:

error:  operation failed: InvalidDocument: key 'stpatch01.company.com'
must not contain '.'

I can see the new consumer from both the consumer and the server (consumer
info),  and can list the server repositories from the new consumer.

Since things weren't adding up, I decided to clean everything up and start
over I unbound the repository from stapatch01, but now I cannot unregister
any of the consumers neither from the server nor from either of the
consumer systems. The error I get from all systems is:

 error:  operation failed: AuthenticationFailure: Error in
sasl_client_start (-1) SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
(Credentials cache file '/tmp/krb5cc_48' not found)

There are no SASL credential files in /tmp. The pulp-server was restarted
when I made some firewall changes, but nothing else has changed. I've
searched the Web, the pulp mail archives, and am asking about on the
freenode IRC channel. I can't find any information on how to clean this
up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System Details:
  OS: RHEL 6.3
Pulp server RPMS:
   python-oauth2-1.5.170-2.pulp.el6.noarch
   pulp-selinux-server-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch
   mod_wsgi-3.3-3.pulp.el6.x86_64
   m2crypto-0.21.1.pulp-7.el6.x86_64
   pulp-common-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch
   pulp-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch
   pulp-consumer-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch
   pulp-client-lib-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch
   pulp-admin-1.1.9-1.el6.noarch

Thank you for your time,
Bruce Lundberg
System Administrator

--
 The sender of this email subscribes to Perimeter E-Security's email
 anti-virus service. This email has been scanned for malicious code and is