[Pulp-list] Consumers v2.0 Design & Requirements

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 17:07:21 UTC 2012

In:

   register(id, description, tags, supports_bus=True)

I think the 'support_bus' needs to be broken down into a dictionary that defines the
consumer's (agent) capabilities from the pulp server's perspective.

Here are some examples.  We could prefix all of the attributes with 'supports_' but that
seemed redundant.

Pulp consumers:

{
   heartbeat : True,  # supports heartbeat
   content :
     {
        types : [RPM,],   # supported content types
        bind : False,     # supports bind/unbind RMI, pulp managed
     },
}

Katello consumers:

{
   heartbeat : False,  # heartbeat not supported
   content :
     {
        types : [RPM,..],   # supported content types
        bind : True|False,  # bind/unbind RMI not supported, RHSM managed.
     },
}