[Pulp-list] Adding notes to v2.0 repositories

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 07:07:28 UTC 2012

After a month or so dealing with purely internal PulpDist updates
(almost all packaging related), I'm finally back to tasks that involve
accessing a few more pieces of the v2.0 repository APIs.

Firstly, is there a more recent reference than the initial blog post
[1]? If there's something more recent, that may answer a few of my
questions on its own. (e.g. just from looking at my own create_repo()
and save_repo() code, I know that blog post doesn't accurately describe
the API for the those two operations, since the former is a POST on the
collection, while the latter is a PUT on the resource itself)

Secondly, the specific question I have right now is how to set the
"notes" field on a repository. The blog post that sketched out the API
shows it in the displayed fields for the list of repositories, but
doesn't indicate whether or not it can be populated in the POST
(creation) or PUT (update) calls.

(I'll start experimenting with this tomorrow my time, but figured the
time zones involved made it worth asking the question before I went home
this evening)

Cheers,
Nick.

[1]
http://blog.pulpproject.org/2011/11/04/preview-pulp-v2-0-repository-apis/
--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane