[Pulp-list] Adding notes to v2.0 repositories

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 18:30:49 UTC 2012

On 01/23/2012 02:07 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> After a month or so dealing with purely internal PulpDist updates
> (almost all packaging related), I'm finally back to tasks that involve
> accessing a few more pieces of the v2.0 repository APIs.
>
> Firstly, is there a more recent reference than the initial blog post
> [1]? If there's something more recent, that may answer a few of my
> questions on its own. (e.g. just from looking at my own create_repo()
> and save_repo() code, I know that blog post doesn't accurately describe
> the API for the those two operations, since the former is a POST on the
> collection, while the latter is a PUT on the resource itself)

Since no one was using them yet, I've been holding off on writing these
so I didn't have to update them as I changed the code. Now that you (and
some guys on my team as well) are going to be using them, I need to suck
it up and write them. I'll start on them today.

> Secondly, the specific question I have right now is how to set the
> "notes" field on a repository. The blog post that sketched out the API
> shows it in the displayed fields for the list of repositories, but
> doesn't indicate whether or not it can be populated in the POST
> (creation) or PUT (update) calls.

Yes on both.

> (I'll start experimenting with this tomorrow my time, but figured the
> time zones involved made it worth asking the question before I went home
> this evening)

Not sure I'll be done before you get in for your morning, but I'll keep
you posted.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp