[Pulp-list] Adding notes to v2.0 repositories

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Tue Jan 24 18:58:42 UTC 2012

> Thanks! I added draft entries for all of the v2 APIs I already have set
> up in PulpDist's Pulp API helper, but they'll still need your review
> before they can be moved up into the main section.

Thanks for adding those. I'm going through them now and will add example
requests and responses later.

> I also added a specific request for docs on how to add a sync schedule
> to a v2 repository (since that will be the next thing I need to
> configure once I get the metadata in the notes sorted out). It may be
> that adding a sync schedule just uses the existing v1 scheduling API, in
> which case it would be good to have a section in the v2 docs stating
> which v1 APIs are still valid for v2 repo IDs.

I suspect the format the schedule is in will stay iso8601. I'll let
jconnor confirm that.

As for the APIs, again I should probably defer to jconnor. I'd guess
that we'll have a separate API from create/update repo that only
concerns the sync/publish schedules to minimize the potential for
applying only partial changes on an update repo call.

Actually, now that I think about it, regardless of how the APIs shape up
the sync schedule won't be set as part of a create/update repo call. If
anything, those belong to the individual importers and distributors,
letting you say something like "Sync every 4 hours but only publish to
distributor X once a day."

I'm not sure when that functionality will be in place, but if it'd help
I suppose I can add placeholder APIs that just don't do anything yet.

> Cheers,
> Nick.

As to your other e-mail (thanks for the heads up on both of these):
  * I'm fixing the update API docs now.
  * I fixed the issue where update wasn't changing the notes. It's in
master now and will be in the next QE build.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp