[Pulp-list] Apache reload and pulp.conf

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 12:06:14 UTC 2012

On 07/12/2012 05:28 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hey,
>
> when I change pulp.conf or repo_auth.conf does "service httpd reload" do
> the work or do you rather recommend to do "restart" instead?
>
> The question is - does reload really restart mod_python apps?

Quick note, we're mod_wsgi, not mod_python.

Regardless, I don't actually know the answer to what effects reload
would have. We have a bootstrap process that runs when the server is
started that would need to be re-run if the relevant config changes and
I'm not sure reload would do that. Even if reload did, I'm not 100% sure
that call is idempotent and would survive multiple invocations.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp