[Pulp-list] Pulp init.d script

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 05:12:50 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 12:25 AM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
> I like this approach.  Having an init.d/systemd script/unit that just
> aggregates other /true/ services has always felt wrong and (as Jay
> mentioned) problematic.  Most users will configure httpd, mongod and
> qpidd to start automatically.  Also, when users need to bounce one of
> the services, it's usually to solve a particular issue that is related
> to the service being restarted.  Using pulp's current init.d script has
> the unwanted side effect of bouncing the other services unnecessarily.

I actually had to patch our copy of Pulp to remove the references to
qpidd - we haven't set up the messaging component yet, so it was
refusing to start because qpidd wasn't available.

You would definitely make our sysadmins happier by ditching the fake
service entirely. For development purposes, a helper script would be
just as useful as the current approach.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane